Monday, June 14, 2010

Dr.Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Now just the title is a mouthful. Dr.Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb is a great classic. This movie is a satire of the cold war. It was released on January 29, 1964. It is number thirty-one on IMDB's top 250 list. It is has very dry humor but if you understand it it is amazingly funny.

I loved everything about this movie. I loved the fact that one actor plays many characters. I love even more the way all the characters act. I could watch this movie again in a heartbeat. I do have to admit though I was quite skeptical of this movie when I heard its tittle and background. I thought it was going to be another one of those boring classics that you have to watch in class cause its in the curriculum. I was completely and utterly wrong. Everyone should see this movie. It was way too funny. One of my favorite parts of this movie is when President Merkin Muffley phones this guy Dimitry in Russia to warn him about the bombs. I could watch it over and over and still find it funny. I give this movie 10 Doomsday Machines out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment