Monday, June 21, 2010

The Godfather

The Godfather was released on March 24, 1972. It is a film about the Italian mafia in America. It shows what they will do to protect the family business at all costs. It has one three Oscar awards plus nineteen others and seventeen nominations. A very famous quote from the movie is "an off you can't refuse". The Godfather is number two on IMDB top 250 list.


In The Godfather there seems to be some religious similarities. The main one that really sticks out to me is how Don Carlone is like God to his family. The whole family revolves around him and if something happens to him there is trouble. The family also looks up to him. It is because he is the one in charge and does everything he can to protect the ones that are loyal to him.


When I watched The Godfather I had a really hard time trying to concentrate. I just had no interest in the film. I knew it was a classic and that I should watch it but I had better things on my mind at the time. The only thing I was really looking forward to was this scene where someone gets badly beaten up. I know, I know, I'm a disgusting, horrible person. I had someone tell me about that scene and I really wanted to see how bad she gets beaten. Let me just say this, that man should get the electric chair. I don't care if your in the mafia or if your the f-ing president, you don't beat a pregnant woman. What the h*ll goes through your mind while dong that. Not only are you harming your wife but your unborn child. Your harming that precious child. It is just a movie but still. It makes me so angry I just wanna kick that Carlo Rizzo in the nuts.


For me this move was defiantly not one of my top favorites. Maybe if I would have been able to concentrate better I would have liked it. My opinion otherwise I thought the movie was great for its time and had a good storyline. It is a classic so I give this movie 3.5 Godfather out of 5.


No comments:

Post a Comment